Microsuction ear wax removal from £45 for one ear and £65 for both
Hearing Logic are thrilled to be offering a ground breaking method of ear wax removal to you. Endoscopic Microsuction is the safe, gentle and very effective method of ear wax removal. Ear wax is removed using a gentle suction and a microscope to view the ear canal and drum. In the majority of cases, microsuction provides instant relief and restores full hearing immediately.
It is appropriate for:
- Impacted wax
- Urgent removal due to poor hearing or prior to flying
- Perforated ear drum
- Previous surgery/problems in ear canal where syringing is unsuitable
- Hearing aid users
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Following an initial discussion regarding your health and hearing, we begin by examining your ears using a fibre optic camera. The camera sits just at the entrance of the ear, and enables both you and the audiologist to view your ear canal and ear drum on a large screen. We will examine both ears, before proceeding with any wax removal required. Following treatment, we will show you your ear canals and drums again, this time without any ear wax blockage. How long does the appointment last?
Appointments last approximately 10 – 30 minutes dependent on the treatment needed. Occasionally, an individual may need to return for some follow-up work if there has been an ear infection or some trauma to the ear canal. Does microsuction hurt? The procedure is performed slowly and should not cause any discomfort. If a client has any concerns during treatment the procedure is stopped immediately.
Microsuction provides instant relief and is usually a revelation!
DO I NEED TO USE SOFTENING DROPS?
It is advised and preferable to use Earol olive oil spray for at least 5 days twice a day prior to your appointment with Hearing Logic. Softening ear wax drops are available at most large food stores as well as Boots and other pharmacies. If you are unsure of the best way to insert ear drops, please read our guide below. Alternatively, please contact Hearing Logic if you wish to discuss using drops or if you have any other concerns.
How to use ear drops:
- Lie down on your side with the ear requiring drops facing upwards.
- Pull the outer ear backwards and upwards (just backwards in children).
- Drop 2 or 3 drops of oil, at room temperature, into the ear canal and then massage the skin just in front of the entrance to the ear canal – this enables the oil to run down the ear canal more easily.
- Stay lying down for 5 minutes and then get up and wipe away any excess oil with a tissue. DO NOT put cotton wool in the ear following the drops as this absorbs the oil.
BENEFITS OF OUR MICROSUCTION EAR CLEANING
A Good View of The Ear Canal
No Messy Water Used
Safe For Perforations
Get a hearing test, receive help and advice, and buy accessories, spare parts, and cleaning tools from Hearing Logic.